1 IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
We do not knowingly deal with children and our website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
The Data Privacy Manager
Hyperian Global Limited
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number +44 (0) 208 596 5174
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2 THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data – Includes first name, last name and username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data – Includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data – Includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data – Includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data – Includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data – Includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data – Includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data – Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3 HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions – You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
– apply for our products or services; or
– create an account on our website; or
– subscribe to our service or publications; or
– request marketing to be sent to you; or
– give us feedback or contact us.
• Third parties or publicly available sources – We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
– Technical Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers;
– Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
– Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators; and
– Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
4 HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data where:
- we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- we need to comply with a legal obligation.
For more details about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data see below:
- Performance of contract – Means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate interest – Means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best services and products and the best and most secure experiences. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Comply with a legal obligation – Means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.